- In unity without uniformity
- Building is fun!
- Construction careers are good careers
- There is value in supporting each other throughout Union
- We have the best training programs in the industry
- Hard work should be rewarded with good pay and benefits
What is a
Construction Craft Laborer?
We are the versatile building trade that does just about everything in construction. By joining LIUNA you can expect work that works if you are willing to work for it—skilled and productive on the job site, and dedicated and committed to the union cause.
Heavy and Highway Construction
Utility and Energy Infrastructure
Residential Construction and Home Performance
Commercial Building Construction
The Minimum Qualifications
But What we Really Want...
Motivated and responsible men and women who are unafraid of hard work.
The Laborers’ International Union of North America
is a powerhouse of workers who are proud to build the United States and Canada. A half-million strong, we are united through collective bargaining agreements which help us earn family-supporting pay, good benefits and the opportunity for advancement and better lives. In New Jersey we represent more than 25,000 members, mostly in construction. We provide the skilled and productive workforce to thousands of top employers and are proud to not just build but build better.
Laborers local 472 member
• 30-year LIUNA member
• The camaraderie and brotherhood on a job site are the best parts of working Union
• President of his church’s Trustee Committee
Laborers Local 79 Member
LEROF Organizing Coordinator
Laborers Local 78 Member
• 14-year LIUNA member
• Has worked on various campaigns for union-endorsed candidates.
• Volunteers his time to fight cancer
Laborers local 77 member
- 11-year LIUNA member
- Favorite project to date – helping build the Virtua Hospital Voorhees campus
- Wants to run for planning board to ensure Local 77 & LIUNA have a seat at the table for future projects.
Heath Mills Jr.
Laborers Local 472 Member
• 4-year LIUNA member
• Third generation union Laborer who enjoys working line & grade
• When he’s not working, he coaches basketball & boxing for inner city youth.
On being a shop steward… “I enjoy being a shop steward. One of my main tasks is to make sure everyone is working safe. With the Union’s support, I help to raise standards and reduce illness and injury. I believe in safety first.”